How to optimize your Google My Business listing
Have you ever wonder how Google ranks local businesses?
According to Google, nearly 75% of smartphone users are likely to purchase from business that optimize the information to a user’s location.
Your Google My Businessv(GMB) listing is very important for local searches as Google looks first, well at Google listings.
A company's rank in Google My Business (GMB) results can be boiled down to three distinct areas of focus:
- Presence of keywords searched for in the business main category and subcategories
- Presence of keywords in the business description
- How far is each potential search result from the location term used
- If user doesn't specify a location in their search, Google will calculate distance based on what’s known about their location.
- How well known is your business?
- Number of links articles, and directories
- Number and quality of Reviews
- Position in web results (SEO)